Traditional Russian New Years meat salad done with a scientific twist. The texture and flavor are superb, making this dish a perfect side for a BBQ, or really any meal!
BBQs, lunch and dinner.
- 1500 g Russet Potatoes (About 3 Pounds)
- 500 g Carrots (About 1 Pound)
- 70 g Dill Pickle, Cubed and Patted Dry
- 250 g Frozen Peas (About 9 Ounces)
- 750 ml Mayonnaise (About 3 Cups)
- 300 g Summer Sausage or Kielbasa (about 11 Ounces)
- 10 White Eggs
- 6 g Dill, Chopped
- 10 g Cody’s Specialty Seasoning (About 2 Teaspoons)
- 4 g Salt (About 1/2 Teaspoons)
- 6 g Black Pepper, Finely Ground
Step by Step Instructions
Place refrigerated eggs into boiling water. Drain after 9 minutes, place into an ice bath, and then into the refrigerator again.
Chop potatoes and carrots into quarters and place into boiling water for 12 minutes. Drain and refrigerate.
Thaw and dry the frozen peas. Chop and dry the dill pickle. Measure the mayonnaise.
Chop the summer sausage (or kielbasa) into cubes (about ½ cm, or ¼ in.). Chop the dill and measure Cody’s Specialty Seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
Remove shell from cooled eggs. Chop eggs, potatoes, and carrots into cubes (about ½ cm, or ¼ in.).
Combine potatoes, carrots, sausage, dill pickle, mayonnaise, half the chopped dill, Cody’s Specialty Seasoning, salt, and black pepper into a large mixing bowl. Mix well, making sure not to mash the potatoes and carrots.
Add in eggs and peas. Mix carefully. Top with remaining chopped dill and consume joyfully!
People Who’ve Made This
“I love this recipe! I always make my eggs with sprinkle of Cody’s Specialty Seasoning.”
“The specialty seasoning on fried potatoes and egg are to kill for! The kids and my husband will no longer eat eggs or potatoes without it.”